It was marked as the third-hottest summer and luckily we are still here. That’s why many of us are embracing the cooler weather with open arms. Given the fact that fun comes with pool parties and outdoor barbecues,…doesn’t mean any fun must be outdoor.
“According to our data, nearly one-third of homeowners plan to make a substantial investment into their outdoor spaces while 36 percent plan to invest in their home’s exterior, and 12 percent plan to add a pool or hot tub,” says David Steckel, home expert at Thumbtack. In fact, Steckel says homeowners actually see fall as a reset. “Summer vacations are over, kids are back in school, and families are getting their homes ready for holiday celebrations,” he says.
See Thumbtack’s full list of the top 10 most booked outdoor projects for fall (plus the current national average cost for each service):
- Lawn mowing ($100)
- Junk removal ($150)
- Full service lawn care ($100)
- Landscaping ($1,034-$5,720)
- Tree trimming/removal ($490)
- Pest control services ($125)
- Fence/gate installations ($988, not including materials)
- Pressure washing ($300)
- Concrete installations ($3-$10/square foot)
- Exterior painting ($1,800-$8,500)
The Thumbtack report also reveals how homeowners are prepping for the holidays—and the numbers are trending up. “Seasonal lighting installations are up 46 percent YoY already, and fireplace and chimney repairs and cleanings are up 186 percent over the past three months alone.” So, if you need to find a pro to hang your holiday lights, deep clean your home’s interior, or prep your chimney or fireplace, Steckel recommends planning ahead and booking these services early.
Here are the top 10 most booked indoor projects ahead of the holidays:
- House cleaning ($180)
- Interior painting ($917)
- Furniture assembly ($120)
- TV mounting ($125)
- Carpet cleaning ($150)
- Floor installations ($1,200-$2,000)
- Lighting installations ($175)
- Tile installations ($600-$901)
- Fan installations ($125-200)
- Duct and vent cleaning ($200)
We also recommend top 5 interior stuff for your decoration ideas:
- Mirror LED-digital table clock ($30)
- Italy Designer LED Mushroom Table Lamp ($59)
- Abstract Yellow Flowers Canvas Painting Wall Art for Living Room ($76)
- Nordic Style Glass Flower Pot Iron Line Vase ($51)
- 5m Led Strip Light Touch Control RGB 5050 Waterproof Led Strip ($154)
The fact that homeowners are prepping for the holidays—and the numbers are trending up, therefore planning ahead will help you save tons of your time and put you at ease.